Bespoke Bushcraft Courses
Adult and Bespoke Bushcraft
To compliment our existing and expanding range of courses Badger Bushcraft offers a bespoke course design service to meet your requirements and exceed your expectations. As well as running courses and events with pre-allocated dates we can also provide training on the days that suit you catering for individuals and large groups.
By focusing on the specific skills you would like to develop let us tailor make a package to suit your needs and provide maximum value for money as we will only cover the elements that are of interest to you.
We are able to cater for all group sizes ranging from one-to-one single day sessions, large corporate events or week long courses. Sessions are normally held our expedition camp set in the forests of the Belmont House Estate site but we are also able to pack the kit and travel to you. We can offer camping onsite in either your own equipment or provide you with a Lavvu, a modern single pole tepee, which can sleep up to eight adults.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Some skills that we can cover include:
- Fire Master Class
- Discovering and experimenting with the six methods of making flame. How to select your tinder and firewood to build fires whatever the weather.
- Fire by Friction
- Learning how to source the correct materials to make and successfully use a bow drill set.
- Basic and Advanced Knife Skills
- Including knife design and materials, tool care and sharpening, safe cutting techniques, carving beautiful craft and camp-craft items.
- Spoon and Bowl Carving
- Moving on from the Advanced Knife Skills we will teach you how to carve stunning spoons and bowls.
- How to source and make water safe for human consumption.
- From building natural shelters to hammocks and tarps, tents and Lavvus.
- Wildfoods and Medicinal Plants and Trees
- Explore the all too often overlooked bounty of food and medicine offered to us by Mother Nature.
- Backcountry Cooking
- Cooking over a camp fire is a powerful and emotive experience for people of all ages reconnecting us with our ancestors.
- Guided Walks
- Join Phil exploring nature for a day in the Kent countryside. We will look at plants, trees, and animal feeding sign and perhaps see and get close to some of the amazing creatures we share the landscape with.
- Learn the basics or build on your skills with one of our bespoke Navigation Courses, lead and instructed by highly experienced International Mountain Leaders.
- Wildlife Photography
- Discover how to get the best from your camera with practical and technical advice from a professional photographer.
- Gap Year Expedition Training
- Learn some skills that could be essential to a safe, successful and comfortable gap year expedition. Skills include navigation, water, shelter, knife and fire skills, clothing and footwear, backwoods cooking, basic first aid and self defence. Navigation, first aid and self defence are taught by industry leading instructors with years of relevant experience.
Whatever your interest let Badger Bushcraft help you rediscover the world of bushcraft and reconnect with nature.